- 1 Do we need a car in Waikiki?
- 2 What is the best location to stay in Waikiki?
- 3 How do you get around Hawaii if you can’t rent a car?
- 4 Is it safe to walk around Waikiki at night?
- 5 What can you do in Waikiki without a car?
- 6 What is the best way to get around Waikiki?
- 7 What is the best part of Honolulu to stay?
- 8 Which part of Honolulu should I stay?
- 9 How many days do you need in Oahu?
- 10 Is it worth renting a car in Oahu?
- 11 How do I get around Oahu without a rental car?
- 12 Is it worth to rent a car in Hawaii?
- 13 Where should you avoid in Hawaii?
- 14 What should you not miss in Waikiki?
- 15 What are the bad areas of Honolulu?
Do we need a car in Waikiki?
Restaurants, shops, beaches, activities and several major attractions (including the Honolulu Zoo, Waikiki Aquarium, Kapiolani Park and the U.S. Army Museum) are within walking distance of most hotels in Waikiki, so if you’re not going anywhere else, you won’t need a car.
What is the best location to stay in Waikiki?
The best areas for travelers include Waikiki (iconic beaches, high-rise hotels, dining, and nightlife), Ala Moana (stunning beach park, shopping galore), Downtown (arts district, heritage buildings, upscale dining), Kaimuki and Kapahulu (adjoining neighborhoods with a local vibe and fantastic restaurants), Diamond Head
How do you get around Hawaii if you can’t rent a car?
While Uber and Lyft are both excellent options for those without a car rental, almost every island in the state has some sort of taxi service available for visitors to use. Sure, it’s expensive, but if you’re only using a cab a handful of times during your trip, it’ll save you some serious green in the long run.
Is it safe to walk around Waikiki at night?
People will not go out at night. It’s not safe.” Youth-related crime and violence are also on the rise. In 2017, there were three high-profile cases in which teens ages 15 to 18 were arrested: for a shooting death, a stabbing death and an assault with a baseball bat.
What can you do in Waikiki without a car?
You can go to Pearl Harbor, Diamond Head, Hanauma Bay, Kailua Beach (walk from there to Lanikai Beach), Manoa Falls/Lyon Arboretum, Chinatown/Aloha Tower/Historic Honolulu by bus. Go to National Cemetery of the Pacific by car.
What is the best way to get around Waikiki?
Waikiki Trolley is a fun way to travel around Waikiki and downtown Honolulu, but not necessarily an efficient one. This hop-on, hop-off trolley and double-decker bus system has five lines that stop by the Ala Moana Center, Diamond Head State Monument and other key attractions, plus some hotels.
What is the best part of Honolulu to stay?
Honolulu is divided into several neighborhoods, each with its own distinct style; from west to east, the best neighborhoods for travelers include Downtown (historic and government center), Ala Moana (white sand beach and the largest outdoor shopping mall in the world), Waikiki (busy beaches, lively nightlife, plentiful
Which part of Honolulu should I stay?
Waikiki/Honolulu. Waikiki is where most visitors to Oahu stay, and for good reasons. When I need a staycation, I love to go down to Waikiki for an evening or sometimes for an entire weekend. Everything is one place, and there are many different hotels and resorts in all different price ranges.
How many days do you need in Oahu?
With so much to do, how many days do you need on Oahu? Five days is how many days you need to visit Oahu. With a minimum of five days on Oahu, you will have time to visit the south and north shores, see the best beaches, go to a luau, and do the worthwhile activities and sights around Oahu.
Is it worth renting a car in Oahu?
One of the most frequent questions Hawaii tourists ask themselves is: “Do I need to rent a car on Oahu?” The answer is typically no, but you may want to consider it for at least part of your visit since it will make it much easier for you to get to some of the beautiful outlying areas of the island.
How do I get around Oahu without a rental car?
Oahu does have a bus system that goes around the island. This means that if you don’t want to rent a car, it IS possible to get to some of the top spots on the island of Oahu without a car. Oahu tours
- Morning snorkel sail along Waikiki Beach.
- Waikiki sunset cocktail cruise.
- Group surfing lesson along Waikiki Beach.
Is it worth to rent a car in Hawaii?
If you are staying on the North or South shore you should definitely get a rental car. If your budget is tight, you might be able to save some money by staying near the airport around Lihue. You could reduce the number of days you would need a rental car.
Where should you avoid in Hawaii?
Here are the crime rates for the four major Hawaiian islands as at 2017:
- Kauai: 2,762.
- Big Island: 2,955.
- Oahu: 3,020.
- Maui: 3,723.
What should you not miss in Waikiki?
What are the best things to do in Oahu?
- Take surf lessons in Waikiki.
- Snorkel at Hanauma Bay.
- Play at Hawaii’s Most Beautiful Beach (Lanikai Beach) The most beautiful beach in Hawaii is the perfect place to spend the day sunbathing and frolicking through the waves.
- Tour Pearl Harbor.
- Watch sunset on Waikiki Beach.
What are the bad areas of Honolulu?
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods In Honolulu, HI
- Airport. Population 20,331. 57 %
- Wahiawa. Population 46,562. 45 %
- Waianae. Population 37,608. 40 %
- Kalihi-Palama. Population 39,960. 40 %
- Mokapu. Population 9,948. 39 %
- Ewa. Population 68,101. 26 %
- Aliamanu. Population 37,217. 25 %
- Downtown. Population 11,955. 24 %