- 1 How does RCI exchange work?
- 2 How do I exchange my timeshare?
- 3 Is RCI refunding exchange fees?
- 4 Can you walk away from a timeshare?
- 5 How much is an RCI points worth?
- 6 What happens if I don’t renew my RCI membership?
- 7 What is the RCI transaction fee?
- 8 Can I use RCI without owning a timeshare?
- 9 How can I maximize my timeshare?
- 10 What is RCI exchange plus?
- 11 Can I cancel my RCI timeshare?
- 12 How do I cancel my RCI reservation?
How does RCI exchange work?
RCI Weeks membership offers timeshare owners at RCI-affiliated resorts the opportunity to deposit their owned week(s) into our Exchange Holiday programme – and book another of the same value (or more weeks away at resorts of a lesser value), for an exchange fee, regardless of the size of the property, location or
Join a timeshare exchange company. If your resort doesn’t offer a trading program, trade weeks using a reputable company, such as RCI or Interval International. At the time of publication, annual membership is around $100 a year, with trading fees ranging from $100 to $180. Most exchange companies use a points system.
Is RCI refunding exchange fees?
The standard RCI cancellation policy does not include return of exchange fees outside of the grace period and Trading Power or Points will be reconfigured based on cancellation date.
You can ‘t just walk away from a timeshare. That’s because they often come with an obligation to pay maintenance fees for as long as you own them. It says 85 percent of timeshare owners who go to contract regret their purchase.
How much is an RCI points worth?
RCI Credit Card points are worth 1 cent each, on average. That means 10,000 RCI Credit Card points have a value of roughly $100.
What happens if I don’t renew my RCI membership?
Your RCI Weeks subscribing membership will be cancelled if you do not renew within 120 days after your membership period expires. If after the 120 days, you decide to Reactivate your RCI Weeks membership, there will be a $49USD charge to reinstate your account, which is in addition to your standard membership fee.
What is the RCI transaction fee?
As of right now, the basic fee to exchange a week on RCI is $230, while the fee on Interval International is $179 if you book online. That means RCI is $51 higher, or 28% higher.
I confirmed with RCI that anyone can have an RCI account even if you do not own a timeshare! There are many benefits to depositing a timeshare but having an RCI account will allow you access to RCI Extra Vacations. In order to Join RCI, the initial cost for a one year membership is $99.
Tips to Get the Most Out of Your Timeshare
- Invite Family and Friends on Vacation. First, don’t keep your timeshare to only yourself or your immediate family.
- Explore Alternative Destination Options.
- Leverage a Lockout Unit for More Points.
- Make Reservations Far in Advance.
- Watch for Bonus Time Deals.
What is RCI exchange plus?
The Exchange Plus Program allows TEN Members who own a Qualified Timeshare Week the ability to receive Trade Credits for such week for usage in TEN. The Exchange Plus Program is based on an arrangement between WBW, and RCI, LLC (RCI).
You may cancel your membership by notifying RCI by telephone or in writing.
How do I cancel my RCI reservation?
Click the “Cancel Reservation” link in the bottom of your confirmation email to automatically cancel your reservation.