- 1 Does Denver have good skiing?
- 2 What are the ski resorts closest to Denver?
- 3 Where is the closest snow to Denver?
- 4 How do you get from Denver to ski resorts?
- 5 Can you ski in Denver in April?
- 6 Can you ski in Denver in June?
- 7 Where do locals ski in Denver?
- 8 What is Denver known for?
- 9 Is Telluride near Denver?
- 10 How close is Denver to the mountains?
- 11 Has Denver had snow?
- 12 How far is Vail from Denver Colorado?
- 13 Are there shuttles from Denver to ski resorts?
- 14 How much is a shuttle from Denver to Breckenridge?
- 15 Are there shuttles from Denver airport to ski resorts?
Does Denver have good skiing?
Denver is the gateway to some of the best skiing in the US but many of the popular resorts are actually a few hours away. Thankfully, there are a handful of ski areas that are roughly an hour’s drive from downtown which will satisfy your powder cravings.
What are the ski resorts closest to Denver?
Ski Resorts Within 2 Hours of Denver, CO
- Loveland Ski Area – 56 miles / 1 h.
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area – 63 miles / 1 h 11 min.
- Eldora Mountain Resort – 48 miles / 1 h 12 min.
- Winter Park Resort – 66 miles / 1 h 19 min.
- Copper Mountain Resort – 77 miles / 1 h 20 min.
- Vail Ski Resort – 97 miles / 1 h 39 min.
Where is the closest snow to Denver?
Loveland Ski Area Just 53 miles west of Denver on I-70, Loveland is the closest ski area to Denver and averages 400 inches of snow annually.
How do you get from Denver to ski resorts?
The guide’s options include:
- Amtrak Winter Park Express ski train. Daniel Brenner, Special to The Denver Post.
- Amtrak California Zephyer. Andy Cross, The Denver Post.
- Front Range Ski Bus. This privately-operated bus runs Wednesday through Sunday from Union Station to Loveland and Copper.
- RTD ski-n-ride.
Can you ski in Denver in April?
The resorts typically close in early to mid-April as wetter conditions arrive. If you want to ski in April, definitely go early in the month. You can also find discounts at this time. Occasionally, the snow gods smile on Colorado, and good ski conditions continue on until May.
Can you ski in Denver in June?
Most years, Colorado’s 28 ski and snowboard resorts open earlier and stay open later than anyone else (roughly early October to late April, although one noteable exception — Arapahoe Basin Ski Area — can stay open well into June or even the Fourth of July as conditions allow).
Where do locals ski in Denver?
#1 Loveland Ski Resort. Loveland is located right at Loveland Pass at the Eisenhower Tunnel on I-70 which is only about an hour from Denver making it popular with the locals. It is known as the highest ski area with a summit of 13,010 feet and the top of the lift terrain sitting at 12,700 feet.
What is Denver known for?
Denver is an outdoor city known for its world-class cultural attractions, thriving craft breweries, chef-driven dining and red-hot music scene, all within easy reach of the Rocky Mountains.
Is Telluride near Denver?
Telluride is 6.5 hours from Denver, 8 hours from Phoenix, and 5 hours from Albuquerque. “Off the beaten path” is the best way to describe coming here. Once you’re here, you’ll appreciate the effort. “There’s seriously no prettier place on earth than Telluride” – being a little remote keeps us pristine and unique.
How close is Denver to the mountains?
Located only 12 miles from downtown Denver, Golden is where the plains meet the mountains. Sitting in spectacular Clear Creek valley, Golden is surrounded by foothills and buttes that offer year-round recreation.
Has Denver had snow?
While unlikely, Denver’s snow season may not be over. The city has seen measurable snowfall as late as June twice. In 1951, 0.3 inches fell on June 2, and, in 1953, 0.5 inches fell on June 5.
How far is Vail from Denver Colorado?
Vail is located in the stunning central Rocky Mountains just 30 miles east of Eagle, Colorado, and just 100 miles west of Denver, Colorado.
Are there shuttles from Denver to ski resorts?
Similarly, Summit Express has scheduled shuttles and private charters that go from Denver to Breckenridge, Copper Mountain, Keystone, Vail, Beaver Creek, and other ski areas. You can book one-way or round-trip transportation.
How much is a shuttle from Denver to Breckenridge?
How much is a shuttle from Denver to Breckenridge? Our rates start at $35 / person for the Frisco or Breckenridge Transfer Centers. Rates for Door to Door service from the Airport directly to your lodging / home and back again start at $59.
Are there shuttles from Denver airport to ski resorts?
Epic Mountain Express Serves Denver International Airport and the ski resorts, including Aspen/Snowmass, Vail/Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Copper and surrounding areas. Operates shared shuttles and private SUVs.