- 1 Are Mexican resorts safe from cartels?
- 2 Are cartels in Cancun?
- 3 Is there Cartel in Riviera Maya?
- 4 Is Cancun Safe 2020?
- 5 What places to avoid in Mexico?
- 6 Can I go to Cancun right now?
- 7 What area of Cancun should I stay in?
- 8 Are there sharks in Cancun?
- 9 Is Riviera Maya 2020 Safe?
- 10 Is it safe to go to Riviera Maya?
- 11 Is Playa del Carmen safer than Cancun?
- 12 What should I avoid in Cancun?
- 13 What’s the safest city in Mexico?
Are Mexican resorts safe from cartels?
Yes, Mexico Is Safe Aside from dangerous areas along the U.S. border and other regions where cartels operate, Mexico is mostly a safe country and in my opinion, it is safe.
Are cartels in Cancun?
Drug cartels operate in the state, which is known for a lucrative retail drug market and as a landing spot for drug shipments. However, tourists have rarely been targeted in gang violence and the woman may have been a bystander hit by a stray bullet.
Is there Cartel in Riviera Maya?
Several criminal groups have a presence in the Riviera Maya, including Mexico’s two most powerful cartels, the Jalisco Cartel New Generation (Cartel Jalisco Nueva Generación — CJNG) and the Sinaloa Cartel.
Is Cancun Safe 2020?
Due to Cancun’s limited access – one entrance, one exit – along with heavy security throughout, Cancun is incredibly safe. Currently the federal police and Navy personnel patrol the beaches, the police and Army monitor the highways and surveillance cameras have been installed at the ferry piers.
What places to avoid in Mexico?
The 12 Most Dangerous Cities in Mexico to Avoid at All Costs
- Mazatlan. The State Department has warned citizens about traveling to this region.
- Reynosa. Many people travel through Reynosa, Mexico, to get to the U.S. | John Moore/ Getty Images.
- Ciudad Obregón.
- Ciudad Juarez.
- Ciudad Victoria.
Can I go to Cancun right now?
Mexico is open to travelers. There is no need to provide a negative PCR test or quarantine on arrival, though most resorts ask guests to fill out health questionnaires. The land border between Mexico and the United States is closed for nonessential travel through at least September 21. However, air travel is allowed.
What area of Cancun should I stay in?
Zona Hotelera (Punta Cancun) Bustling with life 24/7, Zona Hotelera is the city’s most popular tourist destination and perhaps, the best area to stay in Cancun; as such, you’ll find a ton of affordable hotels with breathtaking sea views, numerous tourist activities, family-friendly fun, and incredible nightlife!
Are there sharks in Cancun?
The straightforward answer is yes there are indeed sharks in Cancun. There are sharks in all Seas and Oceans except for the Dead Sea (too salty) and very few in the Arctic. Sharks are distributed worldwide and a vital part of any marine ecosystem. They help to maintain marine diversity.
Is Riviera Maya 2020 Safe?
In 2020, Riviera Maya has seen a rise in crime making some areas an unsafe destination to visit. If traveling to a tourist destination, staying in a resort and being cautious of where you’re traveling to then there’s no reason that this is a destination in Mexico to avoid.
Is it safe to go to Riviera Maya?
Riviera Maya is perfectly safe to travel alone. Towns like Bacalar make it easy to escape the commercial tourist crowd. The general advice is to stay within the confines of the beach areas and trust your instincts. That way you’ll be sure to have a wonderful vacation. 3
Is Playa del Carmen safer than Cancun?
However, Cancun does have it’s crime. It isn’t the perfect haven for safety that most people consider it to be, but it is safe compared to its neighbors. You may feel safer in the confines of your resort, but it can get overcrowded during peak times. Playa del Carmen is slightly less busy and has less overall crime.
What should I avoid in Cancun?
10 Things You Definitely Should Not Do in Cancún
- Don’t JUST Stay in the Hotel Zone.
- Don’t Lose Your Resort Bracelet.
- Don’t Only Stay in Cancún.
- Don’t Eat at Señor Frog’s.
- Don’t Go at Spring Break.
- Don’t Visit in the Summer.
- Don’t Rent a Car.
- Don’t Skip the Street Food.
What’s the safest city in Mexico?
Safest Cities In Mexico
- Tulum, Quintana Roo. Tulum is a well-known beach city in Mexico.
- Mexico City. Despite having a reputation of a dangerous city, Mexico City is quite safe, especially in its downtown core.
- San Miguel de Allende.