- 1 What’s the difference between Cancun and Playa del Carmen?
- 2 Is it better to stay in Cozumel or Playa del Carmen?
- 3 Which is safer Cancun or Playa del Carmen?
- 4 What is the best month to go to Playa del Carmen?
- 5 Is Puerto Vallarta or Playa del Carmen better?
- 6 Is Tulum better than Playa del Carmen?
- 7 What places to avoid in Mexico?
- 8 What part of Cancun is best to stay?
- 9 Which is nicer Cancun or Cozumel?
- 10 Is Cancun or Cozumel closer to Playa del Carmen?
- 11 Is Cozumel safer than Cancun?
- 12 What should I avoid in Cancun?
- 13 What is the safest resort town in Mexico?
- 14 Is Puerto Vallarta or Cancun better?
What’s the difference between Cancun and Playa del Carmen?
Playa del Carmen developed more organically and was originally a coastal fishing village and the place to catch the ferry to Cozumel. Cancun and Playa del Carmen offer very different vibes, Cancun’s Hotel Zone has a more modern city feel, while Playa del Carmen, although it has grown immensely, feels more like a town.
Is it better to stay in Cozumel or Playa del Carmen?
While Cozumel may be the prime destination for scuba divers, because of its limited infrastructure and access to other attractions outside of the island, it is recommended to stay in Playa del Carmen and make day diving trips to Cozumel’s waters.
Which is safer Cancun or Playa del Carmen?
Both Playa del Carmen and Cancun are considered equally safe. Both are Americanized cities in Mexico that attract a lot of tourists.
What is the best month to go to Playa del Carmen?
The best time to visit Playa del Carmen is between April and May, when there are fewer people along the shore. Day temperatures hover between 70 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit, dropping slightly in the evenings. From October to March, the climate is generally dry and slightly warm.
Is Puerto Vallarta or Playa del Carmen better?
Puerto Vallarta is just more livable, feels less touristy and is overall less expensive than Playa Del Carmen. We also found it much easier to develop friendships and get involved in the community. Note: You can read about our experience in finding a temporary home in Puerto Vallarta and in Playa del Carmen here.
Is Tulum better than Playa del Carmen?
Tulum is more the destination of choice for those looking for an off-the-beaten-path, back-to-nature adventure where everything is much more rustic, small-scale, and low-key than in Playa del Carmen. Playa del Carmen is the better choice for those looking for a little more action and modern accommodation than in Tulum.
What places to avoid in Mexico?
The 12 Most Dangerous Cities in Mexico to Avoid at All Costs
- Mazatlan. The State Department has warned citizens about traveling to this region.
- Reynosa. Many people travel through Reynosa, Mexico, to get to the U.S. | John Moore/ Getty Images.
- Ciudad Obregón.
- Ciudad Juarez.
- Ciudad Victoria.
What part of Cancun is best to stay?
Zona Hotelera (Punta Cancun) Bustling with life 24/7, Zona Hotelera is the city’s most popular tourist destination and perhaps, the best area to stay in Cancun; as such, you’ll find a ton of affordable hotels with breathtaking sea views, numerous tourist activities, family-friendly fun, and incredible nightlife!
Which is nicer Cancun or Cozumel?
Cozumel or Cancun: quick answer Cozumel is smaller, quieter, and less crowded. Cancun has ample, postcard-type beaches along the hotel zone, a long stretch of white sand and clear seawater. Cozumel has smaller and rockier beaches but provides access to the great coral barrier for world-class snorkeling and diving.
Is Cancun or Cozumel closer to Playa del Carmen?
Cancun International Airport is located due south of Cancun’s city center and just inland from the Hotel Zone. Cozumel: Located 10 miles off the coast from Playa del Carmen, travelers will be glad to know that the island of Cozumel has an international airport and doesn’t require ferry connection.
Is Cozumel safer than Cancun?
The drug-related crime in Mexico that makes the headlines is concentrated near the country’s borders, and even the crime that has occasionally erupted around Cancun rarely affects tourists. To that end, violent crime on Cozumel is rare, even though the U.S. State Department does occasionally issue warnings.
What should I avoid in Cancun?
10 Things You Definitely Should Not Do in Cancún
- Don’t JUST Stay in the Hotel Zone.
- Don’t Lose Your Resort Bracelet.
- Don’t Only Stay in Cancún.
- Don’t Eat at Señor Frog’s.
- Don’t Go at Spring Break.
- Don’t Visit in the Summer.
- Don’t Rent a Car.
- Don’t Skip the Street Food.
What is the safest resort town in Mexico?
Safest Cities in Mexico For Travelers
- Tulum, Mexico. Tulum is now one of the most coveted and luxury vacation spots for luxury travelers.
- Puerto Vallarta.
- Mexico City.
- San Miguel de Allende.
- Oaxaca City.
Is Puerto Vallarta or Cancun better?
Overall, Cancun has a far greater selection of hotels. Cancun takes the edge over most places when it comes to hotels. But Puerto Vallarta has a more authentic Mexican feel – Cancun is very Americanised. So, go for Cancun if you favour big resorts and Puerto Vallarta if you favour boutique hotels.