Often asked: Can Retired Military Use Shades Of Green Resort?

Is Shades of Green free for military?

Absolutely. You will be asked to provide a valid military I.D. card to access Shades of Green property and to purchase your tickets at the Shades of Green Attraction Ticket Sales Office.

Can honorably discharged veterans stay at Shades of Green?

More Room Types Through the Shades of Green “Salute to Our Veterans” program, all military veterans who have received an honorable discharge have an opportunity to vacation at Shades of Green during January and September. Reservations are subject to availability.

Is Shades of Green considered on property?

Recommended By. What is Shades of Green? Shades of Green (SoG) is an Armed Forces Recreation Center located on the WDW property. The resort is dedicated to providing first class low cost accommodations for Department of Defense Personnel.

You might be interested:  FAQ: Can I Walk From Caribbean Beach Resort To Epcot?

Can DOD civilians buy Disney tickets at Shades of Green?

Ticket must be purchased and activated by an eligible Service Member or spouse. Eligible Service Members are: Active or Retired US Military, National Guard, Active Reservists, US Coast Guard, Spouses of Eligible Service Member, DOD Civilian Employees.

Can you walk from shades of green to Magic Kingdom?

The Shades of Green is an awesome resort for our great military men and women and families to use during their stay at Walt Disney World. The walk is only about a ten or fifteen minute trek. On a nice day this is actually quite a nice way to get to the monorail that then connects you to the Magic Kingdom and EPCOT.

Does shades of green have free breakfast?

Disney Dining Plan and Shades Discount Packages Shades of Green does from time to time include either free Garden Gallery breakfast or breakfast/dinner buffets as part of their discount packages.

Can 100% disabled veterans stay on military bases?

Military Lodging Eligibility: Who Can Stay? Service members, veterans with a service-connected disability, retirees, and their family members can stay in military billeting on a space-available basis on most U.S. military bases around the world.

How much of a discount do veterans get at Disney World?

They proudly offer a 10% military discount. You can reserve on their website using the 10MILITARY discount code. Walt Disney World rents scooters/ECVs, but only in the theme parks and only for use in the parks!

Can you see fireworks from Shades of Green?

The Shades of Green is a great place to stay for those eligible to stay there. From the Shades of Green, you really can’t see the fireworks show in the Magic Kingdom.

You might be interested:  Are Winnings Free In L'auberge Casino Resort?

Can I transfer a MagicBand to someone else?

Once a MagicBand or card is linked to your Disney account, it cannot be transferred to another person. In addition to touching your MagicBand or card to a touch point, you will be required to scan a finger to enter the parks or enter a PIN code to uniquely identify yourself when making purchases.

Do Shades of Green guests get extra magic hours?

Shades of Green guests may take part in Extra Magic Hours, but they may NOT use Disney’s Magical Express service and CANNOT park for free at theme parks. Guests staying at Shades of Green are able to reserve FastPasses on My Disney Experience 60 days in advance.

Does Disney give discounts to veterans?

Through Disney’s Armed Forces Salute program, military personnel can get discounted tickets to Disney theme parks. These deals are good for all military members, including active duty, National Guard, Reserve, retired military and spouses.

What is Disney’s military discount?

The Disney Armed Forces Salute offers Disney theme park tickets at over half off the regular price and Disney resort rooms at up to a 30% to 40% discount! There are also permanent ticket offers available, though they are not as attractive.

Do you have to show military ID at Disney World?

In order to qualify for the Military Promotional Tickets at Walt Disney World Resort, you just need to have a valid U.S. Military ID with photo. As a veteran, this will probably be a DD Form 2 or a DD Form 2765. A DD Form 1173 Military photo ID (issued to military members’ dependents) is also acceptable.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *