- 1 What qualifications do you need to be a chalet host?
- 2 How old do you have to be to be a chalet host?
- 3 Can you be a chalet host without cooking?
- 4 How do I become a chalet?
- 5 What’s it like being a chalet host?
- 6 How do you prepare for a chalet host interview?
- 7 What are the best ski season jobs?
- 8 How long is a ski season?
- 9 What is a chalet host?
- 10 How much do you get paid to be a chalet host?
- 11 What does a chalet girl do?
- 12 What can I cook as a chalet host?
- 13 Is being a chalet girl a real job?
- 14 How do ski chalets work?
What qualifications do you need to be a chalet host?
Being a chalet host requires a range of skills, including:
- Stamina and enthusiasm.
- A friendly personality.
- Basic cooking and meal planning ability.
- A willingness to work long hours.
- Patience and flexibility.
- The ability to live and work away from home.
How old do you have to be to be a chalet host?
We do generally ask that all applicants are over the age of 21, due to the experience required. We will however under exceptional circumstances employ hosts between the ages of 18 and 21 where outstanding experience is evident, alongside a mature attitude and excellent inter-personal skills.
Can you be a chalet host without cooking?
If you can demonstrate that you are the type of person who can think of those little extra touches the guest never even asked for, then you’ll be hired without hesitation. Cooking experience. There are plenty of non-cooking roles in chalets, but any cooking experience will help for sure.
How do I become a chalet?
Here are our top 5 tips to become a great chalet host:
- Have a fundamental passion for food and cooking.
- Be a competent and organised cook.
- Be a friendly person (but not all guests like to chat)
- Resilience and diligence are key.
- Collaborate as part of the wider team of hosts, too.
What’s it like being a chalet host?
Being a chalet host can mean a number of things. It can mean that you are cooking breakfast, cake and dinner 6 days a week, plus cleaning, shopping, budgeting. Sometimes you will have a set menu to do, other co’s will want you to design your menu. The budget will be miniscule.
How do you prepare for a chalet host interview?
BEFORE THE INTERVIEW
- Complete any pre-interview tasks. Some companies may ask for a task to be completed beforehand.
- Get to know the company.
- Prepare questions.
- Presentation is key.
- Plan your journey beforehand.
- DURING THE INTERVIEW.
- Bring a positive attitude.
- Let your personality shine.
What are the best ski season jobs?
Best Jobs in the Ski Industry
- Ski or Snowboard Shop Sales Person.
- Rentals or Ski and Snowboard Technician.
- Snow Groomer or Cat Driver.
- Snow Park Builder.
- Chalet Host.
- Chefs, Bar & Kitchen Staff.
- Ski Lift Operative.
- Snowsports Journalist, Events Specialist or Marketing Person.
How long is a ski season?
Typically in the United States, a ski season lasts from late November to early April, however larger resorts in Colorado and California are known to spin the lifts as late as the 4th of July.
What is a chalet host?
The role of the chalet host is to over see the running of an individual chalet. Your job will include all housekeeping duties and ensuring your guests are well cared for throughout their stay. You will work alongside the chef who will be responsible for running the chalet kitchen.
How much do you get paid to be a chalet host?
£100/week basic salary, £50/week bonus. Extra bonuses available for returning staff or staff with prior Chalet Host experience.
What does a chalet girl do?
The work is arduous and non-stop. Every day, they are at the chalet at seven, to serve breakfast. Then they wave the guests off to the slopes and tidy up. They then ski, sleep, snowboard, or stare at Facebook, but they are back by four.
What can I cook as a chalet host?
What Is a Chalet Host and 9 Examples of What They Do…
- An Early Start.
- Your Chalet Hosts will cook and serve you breakfast.
- Freshly baked cakes for ‘Afternoon Tea’
- Chalet Hosts cook a 3-Course Evening Meal (with free wine!)
- They’ll also prepare a ‘High Tea’ for your children.
Is being a chalet girl a real job?
Our role is mainly to look after the guests, cook and make sure the chalet is clean. Dogsbody? Definitely not. Yes, there is a lot of work and early mornings but if you enjoy being around people and have a passion for cooking it’s the perfect job.
How do ski chalets work?
Typical Working Day in a Ski Chalet You normally have the rest of the time between when you finish (10.30 a.m. ish depending on how good you get) until early evening (5 or 6 p.m.) to yourself. You will then serve evening meal, and depending on the size of the chalet and company procedure, sit down and eat with clients.