- 1 Is Mercury Marine owned by Yamaha?
- 2 What voids Mercury warranty?
- 3 What does Mercury Marine do?
- 4 Is Mercury outboard still in business?
- 5 Who is the largest outboard motor manufacturer?
- 6 Does Yamaha build Mercury outboards?
- 7 How long is the warranty on a Mercury outboard motor?
- 8 Is Mercury extended warranty worth it?
- 9 How much does a Mercury 450R cost?
- 10 How much is a 7 Marine 627?
- 11 How much does a Mercury 400R cost?
- 12 Does anyone still make 2-stroke outboards?
- 13 What company owns Mercury Marine?
- 14 How do I read a Mercury outboard serial number?
Is Mercury Marine owned by Yamaha?
Yamaha Marine is part of Yamaha Motor Corp. in Cypress–the U.S. arm of Japan’s Yamaha Motor Co. Mercury Marine is owned by Brunswick Co., an Illinois-based maker of powerboats.
What voids Mercury warranty?
Answer: Fuels containing up to 10 percent ethanol are considered acceptable for use in Mercury engines. Fuels containing higher levels of ethanol are not considered acceptable for use, and the use of fuels containing ethanol higher than 10 percent can void the warranty.
What does Mercury Marine do?
Mercury Marine is a marine engine division of Brunswick Corporation. Its main product is manufacturing and selling outboard motors. It also produces the MerCruiser line of sterndrives and inboard motors.
Is Mercury outboard still in business?
“Our outboard engines business has been greatly impacted by COVID-19, obliging us to discontinue production of our outboard motors immediately.
Who is the largest outboard motor manufacturer?
Mercury’s 600 hp V-12 Verado, the world’s largest outboard, has prompted yacht builders to design new models around the engines.
Does Yamaha build Mercury outboards?
Before Yamaha entered the U.S. market, Mercury’s Mariner line was built by Yamaha. Last year (2005), Mercury four stroke powerheads from 25 through 225 HP (except the Verados) were built by Yamaha.
How long is the warranty on a Mercury outboard motor?
What is the standard warranty on Mercury outboards? Answer: All Mercury outboards have a standard limited, non-declining warranty. The length of warranty coverage can be one, two or three years depending on the model.
Is Mercury extended warranty worth it?
As vehicles age, more factory parts start to go out, making an extended warranty well worth the value. Depending on the type of Mercury you own, you could pay more or less than the next Mercury owner.
How much does a Mercury 450R cost?
Pricing for the 450R ranges from $54,000 to $64,000, depending on gear case and other options—about 50 percent more than the Mercury Racing 400R.
How much is a 7 Marine 627?
As the horsepower climbs, so do the prices. The 557 costs $79,590; the new 627 goes for almost $90,000. The 627 is categorized as a high-end outboard, but this is not a limited-edition engine.
How much does a Mercury 400R cost?
The Mercury Racing 400R starts at about $35,000.
Does anyone still make 2-stroke outboards?
Yamaha and Mercury have stopped producing direct-injection 2-stroke outboards (Tohatsu still builds a few), but the latest-generation 4-strokes weigh the same as 2-strokes and offer the latest digital advances.
What company owns Mercury Marine?
– Mercury Marine’s parent company, Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC) today announced that it has completed the acquisition of Power Products – Global Marine & Mobile, which includes the global marine, specialty vehicle, mobile, industrial power, and transportation aftermarket products businesses of Power Products.
How do I read a Mercury outboard serial number?
Answer: Every Mercury outboard has a serial number label located on the transom bracket area of the engine. The latest serial number labels display a 2-digit number in a box at the lower right portion of the label. These digits coincide with the last two digits of the year in which the outboard was manufactured.