- 1 Can you swim Turtle Bay Oahu?
- 2 Is food included at Turtle Bay Resort?
- 3 Can you go to Turtle Bay for the day?
- 4 Is Turtle Bay Resort open now?
- 5 What time of day are sea turtles most active in Hawaii?
- 6 Where can you swim with turtles in Oahu?
- 7 Is Turtle Bay free?
- 8 Can you go to Turtle Bay just for drinks?
- 9 Is Turtle Bay a good place to stay?
- 10 Can anyone go to Turtle Bay Resort?
- 11 How far is Turtle Bay from airport?
- 12 What movies have been filmed at Turtle Bay Resort?
- 13 How long does it take to drive from Honolulu to Turtle Bay?
- 14 Is Turtle Bay Resort a Hilton property?
- 15 Who owns Turtle Bay?
Can you swim Turtle Bay Oahu?
Oahu Beaches Turtle Bay Beach is also known as Kukae’ohiki (which means excrement of the ghost crabs), and is famous for the turtles of course. The swimming isn’t great at this beach due to currents and the beach rock that lines most of the near shore waters. Beyond the reef, the area is popular for surfing.
Is food included at Turtle Bay Resort?
Costs only include room and snorkel equipment. For the upgraded rooms (higher floors) some include a breakfast. liquor and food in their restaurants are excluded as are most activities.
Can you go to Turtle Bay for the day?
Re: Can I visit turtle bay resort for day eat, sit on beach? You can dine anywhere there and swin and snorkel the bay next door. You cannot swin in the pool if you are not paying for a hotel room.
Is Turtle Bay Resort open now?
Turtle Bay Resort is open and we can’t wait to welcome you back while providing a safe environment and keeping our distance physically to ensure your trip to the North Shore is a safe one.
What time of day are sea turtles most active in Hawaii?
As in other locations, turtles are most easily seen in the afternoon between noon and 5 pm when daytime heating is at a maximum.
Where can you swim with turtles in Oahu?
Where to Swim and Snorkel with Turtles on Oahu
- Laniakea Beach (aka Turtle Beach)– To Swim with Turtles on Oahu’s North Shore.
- Electric Beach (aka Kahe Point) — For Swimming with Turtles on Oahu’s West Side.
- Cockroach Cove (aka Kaupo Bay) — An Oahu South Shore Beach for Swimming with Turtles.
Is Turtle Bay free?
There is no fee to park at Turtle Bay. There are designated beach parking spots, that is where you want to park.
Can you go to Turtle Bay just for drinks?
Can I book for just drinks? Yes! We take drinks bookings all day, until late – choose “Just Drinks” or “Late Night Bar & Beats”!
Is Turtle Bay a good place to stay?
Turtle Bay is a fraction of the cost, unless you stay in the cottages (which I would highly recommend). You won’t have a ton of places to choose from to dine. But the service is good, the hotel is clean and renovated, and it is absolutely gorgeous. I don’t know anyone who regrets staying there.
Can anyone go to Turtle Bay Resort?
Anyone can visit the beach, not just the resort guests and it is free. Kids played in the water and I was even able to go snorkeling, although there are better places to snorkel on the island (Shark’s Cove and Hanauma Bay). Nice place to relax and swim and great for families.
How far is Turtle Bay from airport?
The distance between Turtle Bay Resort and Honolulu Airport (HNL) is 26 miles.
What movies have been filmed at Turtle Bay Resort?
More than 150 television shows and feature films have been filmed at Turtle Bay Resort including:
- Along Came Polly.
- Alvin and the Chipmunks III: Chipwrecked.
- The Amazing Race.
- The Big Bounce.
- Blue Crush.
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
- Hawaii Five-0.
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
How long does it take to drive from Honolulu to Turtle Bay?
Yes, the driving distance between Honolulu to Turtle Bay Resort is 39 miles. It takes approximately 1h 1m to drive from Honolulu to Turtle Bay Resort.
Is Turtle Bay Resort a Hilton property?
Hilton ceased managing the property on August 31, 2001, and the hotel became “Turtle Bay Golf and Tennis Resort”.
Who owns Turtle Bay?
Turtle Bay founder Ajith Jayawickrema, who moved to the UK from Sri Lanka at the age of 15, has revealed how singer Leona Lewis unknowingly inspired him to launch his highly successful Caribbean restaurant chain.