- 1 Is it safe to go outside your resort in Cancun?
- 2 Where can I go instead of Cancun?
- 3 Can I go to Cancun alone?
- 4 How many days is enough for Cancun?
- 5 What should I avoid in Cancun?
- 6 What area of Cancun should I stay in?
- 7 Where in Mexico can you not go to 2020?
- 8 Is Punta Cana nicer than Cancun?
- 9 How far is Tulum from Cancun Mexico?
- 10 Is it safe to go to Cancun alone as a woman?
- 11 What is there to do in Cancun solo?
- 12 What do the locals do in Cancun?
- 13 What is the best month to visit Cancun?
- 14 Should I convert money before going to Mexico?
- 15 Which is better Tulum or Cancun?
Is it safe to go outside your resort in Cancun?
In general, there have been no incidents near the tourist area.” The most recent shootings also occurred in clubs well outside the tourist zone which rarely see foreign visitors. Due to Cancun’s limited access – one entrance, one exit – along with heavy security throughout, Cancun is incredibly safe.
Where can I go instead of Cancun?
Best Places to Go in Mexico in 2018: 20 Places to Explore Not Called Cancun
- Mazatlan. Mazatlan is a perfect beach city for those that want to experience more than a beach.
- Puerto Escondido.
- Barra de Navidad.
- Puerto Vallarta.
- San Jose del Cabo.
- Valle de Bravo.
Can I go to Cancun alone?
Traveling to Cancun is a once in a lifetime experience for many people, so make sure to truly immerse yourself in everything that you do. Cancun and the surrounding region is a spectacular place to visit for a solo traveler like yourself.
How many days is enough for Cancun?
Many people vary on the length of time, but a minimum of 3-5 days is a good start if you want to hit the most important stops in Cancun. If you want to experience all Cancun has to offer, tourists recommend 7-10 days.
What should I avoid in Cancun?
10 Things You Definitely Should Not Do in Cancún
- Don’t JUST Stay in the Hotel Zone.
- Don’t Lose Your Resort Bracelet.
- Don’t Only Stay in Cancún.
- Don’t Eat at Señor Frog’s.
- Don’t Go at Spring Break.
- Don’t Visit in the Summer.
- Don’t Rent a Car.
- Don’t Skip the Street Food.
What area of Cancun should I stay in?
Zona Hotelera (Punta Cancun) Bustling with life 24/7, Zona Hotelera is the city’s most popular tourist destination and perhaps, the best area to stay in Cancun; as such, you’ll find a ton of affordable hotels with breathtaking sea views, numerous tourist activities, family-friendly fun, and incredible nightlife!
Where in Mexico can you not go to 2020?
Reconsider Travel To:
- Baja California state due to crime and kidnapping.
- Chihuahua state due to crime and kidnapping.
- Coahuila state due to crime and kidnapping.
- Durango state due to crime.
- Guanajuato state due to crime.
- Jalisco state due to crime and kidnapping.
- Mexico state due to crime and kidnapping.
Is Punta Cana nicer than Cancun?
With lush green surroundings, Punta Cana feels more like a tropical paradise, and has a more authentic vibe than Cancun. There’s a great nightlife scene here as well, and the resorts tend to be cheaper. Plus, if you’re adventurous there’s some wonderful excursions away from the tourist hotspots.
How far is Tulum from Cancun Mexico?
Tulum is a magical place, and one of the jewels of the Mexican Caribbean. Roughly 80 miles south of Cancun, Tulum was a backpacker hideaway for decades, and before that, it was a well-kept secret, a former coastal capital for the Mayan empire that extended throughout southern Mexico, Belize, and Guatemala.
Is it safe to go to Cancun alone as a woman?
For the most part, Mexico is a really safe destination for solo travel. My one piece of advice is that Mexico is so much more than Cancun and beaches. Even if you’re mainly looking for sun and sand, there’s so much variety even among the beaches, and plenty off the beaten track spots.
What is there to do in Cancun solo?
guided TouR To Mayan Ruins: TuluM, chichen iTza, coba ParasaiL: Enjoy the best view of Cancun flying Parasail at 80 meters high, you don’t need anyone to enjoy the scenery. Face your fears and parasail in Cancun!
What do the locals do in Cancun?
Places Locals Love in Cancun
- Parque Kabah. Open from sun-up to sun-down, this colorful nature park is a favorite spot for families, school field trips, and local runners.
- Parque Las Palapas. In the very heart of Downtown Cancun, Parque Las Palapas comes alive at night.
- Malecon Tajamar.
- Plaza Peninsula.
What is the best month to visit Cancun?
The best time to visit Cancún is from December to April during the peak season. Even though the crowds are heavier, you’ll experience near-perfect weather and find some of the cheapest flight and room rates for a winter getaway at the beach.
Should I convert money before going to Mexico?
Exchange Money Before Your Trip It’s a good idea to get some Mexican pesos before your arrival in Mexico, if possible (your bank, travel agency, or exchange bureau should be able to arrange this for you). Although you won’t receive the best rate of exchange, it may save you worries upon your arrival.
Which is better Tulum or Cancun?
Cancun is our destination of choice, but Tulum is also worth visiting. If you’re looking for comfort, great nightlife, an abundance of activities, and somewhere affordable – then Cancun is the destination for you.